Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh the Joys of GSU

I can’t believe I have just completed a full week in college. I can honestly say this week has been the best week of my life. I have to be a little honest and say homesickness started to settle in a little bit this week. But I had to reassure myself of my purpose for being here and that Georgia Southern is the right place for me.  
 One of the many things I like about Georgia Southern are the multiple ways that a student can seek help for courses on campus. There are many organizations on campus that devotes most of their time to helping students be as successful as they can be. Also professors are willing to offer study sessions before exams, to insure students are equipped and ready. With these organizations set in place Georgia Southern is making sure that no one gets left behind and giving equal opportunities to all who seek extra help.
 Speaking of leaving no one behind, I also like the transportation system. I am living off campus so the buses make it easier to commute from my apartment to my classes and other places on campus. Whenever I am on campus, the faithful blue route is always there to take me home. Also the buses run until nine so if I need to go back on campus I can.
Finishing this blog without talking about the awesome rac would be impossible. The rac is so amazing, and I spend a lot of time over there getting my work out on.  The rac is really fun and it’s a place where you can meet tons of new people. My favorite spot at the rac would have to be the pool. The pool is a nice way to relax from a long day of classes and a long day in the heat.
One thing that I strongly dislike is the extreme heat. I didn't know how hot it would be down here. As soon as you walk out your house in the morning, the heat hits you. Other than the climate I can truly say this is a great school.

No comments:

Post a Comment